Saturday, February 9, 2013

Ten by Gretchen McNeil
Hardcover, 294 pages
Published September 18th 2012 by Balzer + Bray
ISBN: 0062118781 (ISBN13: 9780062118783)
Rating: 4 Stars
 
Summary:
 
SHHHH!
Don't spread the word!
Three-day weekend. Party at White Rock House on Henry Island.
You do NOT want to miss it.


It was supposed to be the weekend of their lives—an exclusive house party on Henry Island. Best friends Meg and Minnie each have their reasons for being there (which involve T.J., the school’s most eligible bachelor) and look forward to three glorious days of boys, booze and fun-filled luxury.

But what they expect is definitely not what they get, and what starts out as fun turns dark and twisted after the discovery of a DVD with a sinister message: Vengeance is mine.

Suddenly people are dying, and with a storm raging, the teens are cut off from the outside world. No electricity, no phones, no internet, and a ferry that isn’t scheduled to return for two days. As the deaths become more violent and the teens turn on each other, can Meg find the killer before more people die? Or is the killer closer to her than she could ever imagine?
 
Rant:
 
Ok. Um. Wow.
Nice job. This is a seriously unique book that is based off of another book. That you Ms. Librarian-best-friend for informing me of its based-off-another-bookness. But no seriously guise I was not expecting to like this. And yes. TJ was the only character I actually liked in this book but hey now, he was so worth it.
And the diary dude.  All mysterious and such.
My one complain is that I thought this book would be scarier. And it wasn't. At least not by my standards.

It was strange how everyone's death made everyone dig deeper into themselves. And dude they all had a dark side. It's like a monsters in all of them. Creeepyyyy.

And I will not be partying on an island accessible only by ferry without my parents knowing and no cell service anytime soon. No siree. Nope. Not my cup a tea.

And I'm sorry, but I really hate Minnie. She annoyed the crap out of me. 

Oh and did anyone see the movie Warm Bodies? No? You need to see it. It will make you appreciate inner dialogue.

Wow that was random.
 
 

Say Yes to the
Book
-Jackie

No comments:

Post a Comment