Sunday, March 3, 2013

Looking for Alaska by John Green

Paperback, 231 pages
Published December 28th 2006 by Speak (first published January 1st 2005)
ISBN: 0142402516 (ISBN13: 9780142402511)
edition language: English
original title: Looking for Alaska 
Rating: 2 Stars
Summary: 
 Before. Miles "Pudge" Halter's whole existence has been one big nonevent, and his obsession with famous last words has only made him crave the "Great Perhaps" (François Rabelais, poet) even more. Then he heads off to the sometimes crazy, possibly unstable, and anything-but-boring world of Culver Creek Boarding School, and his life becomes the opposite of safe. Because down the hall is Alaska Young. The gorgeous, clever, funny, sexy, self-destructive, screwed-up, and utterly fascinating Alaska Young, who is an event unto herself. She pulls Pudge into her world, launches him into the Great Perhaps, and steals his heart.

After. Nothing is ever the same.
Rant:

And I will never see rain the same way again
Last Words....how cool!
I go to seek the great perhaps
Labyrinths of Life

OK now that that's out of the way

I was expecting so much more of you Mr. Green. TFIOS was ten shades of awesomeness and this one well it just wasn't. Nope.
If I read this before TFIOS I probably wouldn't have read the best book in the history of tragedy and author hating-ness (TFIOS)

Okay so basically I learned that:

If you rat someone out you will get pee in your shoes

This book was an ehhh,,,, blah.....grrr and made me just want to slap all of these horrible characters.

Was I supposed to like Pudge? Feel sorry for him? Love him?
Was I supposed to like Alaska? Feel sorry for her? Look up to her?

WHY DID PUDGE HAVE THIS ODD OBSESSION WITH HER???
I'm just not really fond of this novel.

Honestly this book could have been so much better. It really could. Sad face.

None of the characters grew at all.....

Booh

2 comments:

  1. Haha, I didn't mind this book! But I do agree with some of your points there, good review! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I had amazingly high hopes for this one after reading TFIOS...

      Delete