Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Summer Lovin Read-a-Thon Day 3: Look At Me, I’m Sandra Dee

There is this lovely book that I absolutely fell head over heels in love with: First Comes Love by Katie Kacvinsky. 

Let's meet the book!
Like his name, Gray is dark and stormy. Dylan, a girl always searching for what's next, seemingly unable to settle down, is the exact opposite: full of light and life. On the outside, they seem like an unlikely couple. But looks can be deceiving and besides, opposites attract.

What starts as friendship, turns into admiration, respect and caring, until finally these two lone souls find they are truly in love with each other.

But staying in love is not as easy as falling in love. If Dylan and Gray want their love to last, they're going to have to work at it. And learn that sometimes love means having to say you're sorry.


First Comes Love: Review
Second Chance: Review

Let's Meet Dylan (the best female protagonist ever)

The way she talks/ thinks:
  • "Don't they know it's in my anatomy to fly?"
  • " All around the room I'm reminded of love, so why do I feel like its being yanked out from under my feet?"
  • "I learned that the heart, our most vital organ, turns out to be our weakest link. It's scary to think something so necessary to sustain us, protected in a cradle of ribs and flesh and muscles, is so fragile, so easily broken."
  • "When you stop being yourself who do you become?" 
Dylan is all about life. She travels to find herself. She takes pictures from a new perspective to remember that different is okay, as a matter of fact, it's amazing. Dylan loves without reservation and hopes without fear of failure. It's nice to read about someone with so much life. Her emotions are raw and real and she refuses to bend to what everyone thinks.
She dresses the way she wants, she hates technology. Not even her most prized possession, her camera, is up to date. She's not perfect and that makes her all the more real. Now a lot of characters aren't perfect. This is a different kind of not perfect. She's the kind that trips and falls, makes mistakes, isn't always right and falls too hard, too fast.

So there you go; my favorite female protagonist. Ever.

Who's your favorite? What did you think of mine?


 Jackie   

8 comments:

  1. You mean, she resembles a real person?! YAY! I'll have to check this one out; I've not heard of it.

    I didn't do today's participation post (yet, at least) because I couldn't think of a *favorite*. Or, let's be honest, apparently I didn't feel like thinking *too* hard. ;)

    Brandy @ A LIttle of the Book Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol. YES! You'll have to, this is one of my favorite series of all time!!
      Happy Reading!(:
      Jackie

      Delete
  2. I've tried reading First Comes Love, but the first chapter didn't catch my attention, so I gave up on it. Time to change all that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. O_O Whaa--? Oh gurl, you need to try this book again. Lol. Hope you love it...eventually xD
      Thanks for stopping by!
      Jackie

      Delete
  3. Thanks for stopping by my blog! I like the sound of this one! I hope you get it soon. I am also a new follower via GFC :)
    Brittany @ Spare Time Book blog
    My WW: http://sparetimebookblog.blogspot.com/2013/07/wishlist-wednesday-54.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course!! Thanks for the follow(:
      Happy reading!
      Jackie

      Delete
  4. Woo! Dylan sound so normal!
    I'll definitely have to check it out :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay for normalcy!! Woo woo(:
      Thanks for stopping by
      Jackie(:

      Delete