Friday, August 9, 2013

A Bibliophile's Ramblings: Reading in Strange Places







I think all of us can say that we have found ourselves in strange reading situations. I don't know about y'all but I think the car is an amazing place to read. It just doesn't have all the space I need for my physical books. When we go to my grandparent's house in Nebraska, it's a 10-12 hour car drive. I don't know about you, but to me, that means I get to read for 12 hours straight, uninterrupted, only to stop for food and drinks. On this said car ride, I would bring about ten books. That's a lot you say? Well, let's just say I'm a fast reader. This gave me little to no foot space. Pity. Ahhh, the sacrifices we make for books.

Then of course, I discovered the Kindle. I lovely device that will hold all the book my heart desires. Problem solved.

But that's not really a strange place to read, is it?

I read on the floor, in bed, in hammocks, in the bathroom, in class.

I once got my book taken up during Spanish class. Traumatizing I tell you. 'twas a good book.























We all read in strange places. It's practically a job requirement as a bibliophile. Seriously people. Next time you find yourself in a strange reading place, maybe you should pick up some Harry Potter inspired ice cream to go with it. I am seriously going to go on a man hunt for this ice cream I mean, how amazing it that? Container on Secrets?? Yes, please.




So, what's the oddest place you have found yourself reading?















Jackie   

6 comments:

  1. I feel your pain Jackie, I too am a sufferer of Book Pain Syndrome :) I'm jealous of your ability to read anywhere, I desperately want to read in the car but it makes me car sick :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol. Oh yes. I feel your pain!!! My sister is the same way! She gets car sick so easily!
      Happy reading
      Jackie

      Delete
  2. Oh, book pain syndrome... that never goes away. (Well, maybe it would if I stopped reading... Like that will ever happen.) I've almost read in movie theaters. But I'm bad for reading whenever and wherever I can, in bed, the car, in class (Oh, how the teachers would yell), and now in the shade at the park when the kids are playing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh BPS will never go away....readings worth it(; I've tried to read in movie theaters but I can't because 1) my mom takes my kindle away from me the moment it makes an appearene and 2) I cannot read well in the dark -_-
      Lol
      Happy reading!!
      Jackie

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Wouldn't that be the PERFECT reading chair??!
      Happy reading
      Jackie

      Delete