Friday, December 13, 2013

Embrace Tour: Forged by Fate {Guest Post}


Welcome to my stop on the Embrace Tour hosted by InkSlinger PR! I'm so glad y'all could stop by. Please, make yourself at home...

Le Guest Post!

Top Ten Favorite Books

A lot of books and authors have impacted me personally and as an author. While my favorites change as my tastes change, I’ve found ten that are pretty high up on the “Wow” list of books for me:
1.       This Present Darkness, by Frank Peretti
2.      Marked, by PC Cast
3.      The Scent of Shadows, by Vicki Pettersson 
4.      Fated, by Rebecca Zanetti
5.      Vampire Academy, by Richelle Mead
6.      Twilight, by Stephanie Meyer
7.      The Darkest Night, by Gena Showalter
8.     Maximum Ride, by James Patterson
9.      Left Behind, buy Tim LaHaye & Jerry B Jenkins
10.  Black, by Ted Dekker
Most of these have a little story behind them, but the #1 book listed there by Frank Peretti was responsible for me jumping into the world of writing. How he wrote demons…it made me shiver.
Kind of gave me some nightmares, too. **LOL** But it also gave me the push I needed to jump in, feet first, into creating my own worlds and unique characters.
I’m curious about you guys, though. What books have rocked your world? They could be classics that you remember setting you on a course in your life or maybe one you just finished that you really enjoyed.

Do tell!

~~~~~~


Le Book:

He’s waited more than 900 years to love her…

Being the Gatekeeper to Hades is no small feat, and waiting almost a millennia to meet your mate is damn near impossible. But Theo Bradford’s mark has finally surfaced on his intended. Now all he has to do is find her and convince her to embrace her supernatural heritage.

Young genius, Sadie Nowland, has got life figured out. Graduating college at the age of eighteen and accepting a six-figure job is just what she needs to prove she’s made something of herself. But when a strange tattoo mysteriously appears on her shoulder and Theo starts talking about Mates, it catapults her neatly laid out life into chaos.

Somehow a vicious demon banished to Hades defies Theo’s vanquish and returns, setting his target on Sadie, and she is thrust into the volatile world of Shomrei warriors and a connection to Theo her brain can’t comprehend and her body can’t deny. That primal bond proves more imperative to their survival than either could have ever imagined—and just may be the key to the world’s survival.

Happy reading!
Jackie

2 comments: