Thursday, February 20, 2014

Review: The Gatekeeper's Sons by Eva Pohler

The Gatekeeper's Sons by Eva Pohler
August 13, 2012 by Green Press/Eva Pohler
Goodreads

Summary

Fifteen-year-old Therese watches her parents die. While in a coma, she meets the twin sons of Hades—Hypnos, the god of sleep, and Thanatos, the god of death. She thinks she's manipulating a dream, not kissing the god of death and totally rocking his world. 

Than makes a deal with Hades and goes as a mortal to the Upperworld to try and win Therese's heart, but not all the gods are happy. Some give her gifts. Others try to kill her. 

The deal requires Therese to avenge the death of her parents. With the help of Than’s fierce and exotic sisters, the Furies, she finds herself in an arena face to face with the murderer, and only one will survive.




Okay, I’ll admit I’ve been anticipating this one for a while and I am sad to say I was let down.  I was expecting something epic- a while wind Grecian romance threated by the Gods. I did get that…sort of. I found that although the story line was wonderful, the way the book was composed and the writing in general didn’t live up to my expectations. The way the characters talked and interacted with one another and their surrounding made them seem much younger than they actually were.

Also, this was insta love. *shudders* Oh how I despise insta love.  And this was that, at its finest. Well in her dreams it was. In reality, it took a bit longer and Than had to earn her trust. Yes, this all began because she has more power over her dreams and special powers (sort of) that most other humans don't really have. 

 And then the gods and goddeses are interfering. A lot. 

I found the characters a tad bit too juvenile for my liking and although the basic concept for the book was good, I found the execution to not to be as good as it could have been.


That’s all I got.


Any of y'all read this one before? What did y'all think?


No comments:

Post a Comment