Friday, March 14, 2014

Side Effects May Vary {Bucket List}


Hello all you lovely book nerds and readers! Julie Murphy's newest novel, SIDE EFFECTS MAY VARY comes out March 18, 2014. I strongly suggest that y'all mark that on your calender! In case you haven't heard of this wonderful book, here's the cover and premise.

Side Effects May Vary by Julie Murphy

What if you’d been living your life as if you were dying—only to find out that you had your whole future ahead of you? 

When sixteen-year-old Alice is diagnosed with leukemia, her prognosis is grim. To maximize the time she does have, she vows to spend her final months righting wrongs—however she sees fit. She convinces her friend Harvey, whom she knows has always had feelings for her, to help her with a crazy bucket list that’s as much about revenge (humiliating her ex-boyfriend and getting back at her arch nemesis) as it is about hope (doing something unexpectedly kind for a stranger and reliving some childhood memories). But just when Alice’s scores are settled, she goes into remission.

Now Alice is forced to face the consequences of all that she’s said and done, as well as her true feelings for Harvey. But has she done irreparable damage to the people around her, and to the one person who matters most? 

Julie Murphy’s SIDE EFFECTS MAY VARY is a fearless and moving tour de force about love, life, and facing your own mortality.



Ms. Murphy has decided to turn the table on all of us bloggers and have us do OUR bucket list. So, without further ado, here's mine!



What it says:


  • Travel the world
  • Own by own bookstore
  • Invent an ice cream flavor
  • Read all the books on my to-read list
  • Create a wish jar
  • Eat food in a cafe in Paris
  • Stay at the Bookish Hotel in New York
  • Have my own Etsy Shop
  • Be in the thank you section of a book
  • Get up to 500 followers on my blog
  • Write a book
  • Re-design my room
  • Fall in love
  • Go to the end of a rainbow
  • Road trip across the USA with my friends
  • See ZZ Ward
  • Learn to relax
  • Make the world beautiful
  • Work in publishing
  • Grow wings
  • BEA
  • Be a dreamer
  • Make a tulle skirt
  • See a unicorn

So, what do y'all think? My personal favorite is PARIS. I mean, who doesn't want to go there? That's right- nobody. And y'all, doesn't SIDE EFFECTS MAY VARY sounds rather . . . epic? Leave Ms. Murphy some comment love and add the book to your to-read list! 

~ ~ ~ ~  ~
Julie lives in North Texas with her husband who loves her, her dog who adores her, and her cat who tolerates her. When she's not writing or trying to catch stray cats, she works at an academic library. Side Effects May Vary is Julie's debut novel. Julie can best be found on her website (www.juliemurphywrites.com), tumblr (www.andimjulie.tumblr.com), or twitter (www.twitter.com/andimjulie).



Have a lovely day!



5 comments:

  1. Awesome list! If I make my own bucket list, it'd be very similar to yours, esp. travel the world, read everything on my TBR list, and having my own Etsy shop! Still have no idea what I'd sell, though :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really want to travel the world. . . especially Paris! I think I'd sell prints or something :D Maybe yummy smelling stuff!
      Jackie~

      Delete
  2. GREAT LIST! :D I'd love to go see a unicorn too! And that bookish hotel - just amazing, I think I'm in love! I haven't made my bucketlist for this yet, but my co-blogger already has. I think I'll probably have similar stuff on my bucketlist with yours when I make mine! :)

    -Kimi at Geeky Chiquitas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DUDE DOESN'T IT THOUGH?! I need to go there- it's my destiny ;D
      Jackie~

      Delete
  3. ....I think I might have to make a bucket list for myself, but every time I try, it becomes for of a "To Do" list....clean the bathroom, dust the shelf...

    Lisa
    www.turningpages94.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete