Saturday, April 19, 2014

Quoteable: Darkness Before Dawn by J. A. London

Goodreads

Only sunlight can save us.
We built the wall to keep them out, to keep us safe. But it also makes us prisoners, trapped in what's left of our ravaged city, fearing nightfall.
After the death of my parents, it's up to me as the newest delegate for humanity to bargain with our vampire overlord. I thought I was ready. I thought I knew everything there was to know about the monsters. Then again, nothing could have prepared me for Lord Valentine . . . or his son. Maybe not all vampires are killers. Maybe it's safe to let one in.
Only one thing is certain: Even the wall is not enough. A war is coming and we cannot hide forever.

Would I read this based only on this quote?

Yuppers! Why? This quote make me feel hopeful and all warm and fuzzy inside. But also intrigued! Who is saying this and is he taller than 5'9?  Plus, guys. Vampires. I like our fearful of the sun light, bloodsucking friends who are frequently (with the exception of Nosferatu) inhumanly beautiful.  
What about y'all? Would you read this book based on that quote? 
In case you can't see this (I know it's a tad bit fuzzy) is says "I like you, Dawn. I've seen a lot of humans, from far away and up close. I've never met one like you. I think you're the closest thing to a sunrise I'll ever see."


No comments:

Post a Comment