Monday, April 21, 2014

Something That Stuck


Hey y'all! Yesterday was Easter! How was y'alls Easters? Did you get a lot of candy? I got Jelly Beans, a Vera Bradly towel (which is gorgeous) and some See's Chocolate. Which is delicious. AND then, Saturday I got Elusion by Claudia Gabel & Cheryl Klam in the mail! (YAY!) Anyways, onto what this post is about. And *surprise surprise* it's not book related.


So there was this girl at school the other day who was walking around giving out these clothespins with inspirational compliments. It was kind of amazing. When I asked her why she was walking around pinning random strangers she said that she just wanted people to have a good day. This got me thinking, can one compliment really change some one’s day that much? It was weird though, because that day, for me anyways, was a good day. Did that compliment, even if it’s as simple as ‘You’re fantastic’ or ‘Be you for you’ really change the outcome of my day?

Something else? In second block that day, we had an assembly where this kid in my grade, who has had cancer for about a year and is currently in remission, got his wish granted by the Make a Wish Foundation. His dad said something that I think stuck with the entire gym full of high school students: ‘Make your life a good one. You only have one.’ And that’s true isn’t it? You only have one chance to make your life the best one possible. (His family is going to Hawaii in case you’re wondering)

So what do y’all think about this whole living your life to the fullest and happiness pins stuff? I think it’s pretty amazing. I mean we have the power to impact some one’s life for better or for worse. We just have to decide how we’re going to choose to impact it.

So whether it’s books or traveling or cooking or art or photography, you should live your life the best you can. Right?


Thought? Comments? What do y’all have to say? 


No comments:

Post a Comment