Saturday, August 23, 2014

ARC Review: Unstoppable by Shannon Richard

Unstoppable by Shannon Richard
Review Copy via Publisher
Goodreads / Amazon 

Synopsis

Some things you don't dare let go . . .
Melanie O'Bryan knows life is too short to be afraid of taking chances. And former Air Force sergeant Bennett Hart is certainly worth taking a chance on. He's agreed to help her students with a school project, but she's hoping the handsome handyman will offer her a whole lot more. Yet despite his heated glances and teasing touches, Mel senses there's something holding him back . . . 

Bennett Hart is grateful to be alive and back home in Mirabelle, Florida. Peaceful and uncomplicated-that's all he's looking for. Until a spunky, sexy-as-hell teacher turns his life upside down. After one smoldering kiss, Bennett feels like he's falling without a parachute. But with memories of his past threatening to resurface, he'll have to decide whether to keep playing it safe, or take the biggest risk of all. 




This was a sweet, fun and light contemporary that was just what I needed. With the utterly adorable small-town, Southern setting and characters you can’t help but to fall for, there’s really not much to complain about.

When Mel (a high school math teacher) finally is able to do a project she’s been wanting to do with her class for a while, she needs some help. Luckily she has oh-so-very swoon worthy Bennett Hale falling head over sneakers for her, even if he doesn’t know it himself. Now, this is both insanely frustrating with the whole “just friends” thing that they are so determined to stick to, especially said man. Gah, I wanted to hit him with a brick in the face a few times. Mel has more patience in these 300-something pages than I’ve ever had in my lifetime. Though, for me, that’s saying almost nothing. That whole “patience is a virtue” thing never really registered in my mind. Like ever.

With the tv show + dinner nights at each other’s houses, the lines become blurred between friends and something more. And with Bennett’s fear of getting close to anyone (and who wouldn’t with the past that he has) feelings get hurt and confusion, frustration and hope become Mel’s bible. When tragedy strikes, things (and by that I mean them) get even more complicated. I know, I didn’t think it was possible either.

Okay. Okay. I love this book. I was so, so, SO sweet. I was giggling through pretty much the entire book. And *takes a deep breath* I almost cried. Me, the girl who didn’t cry in Titanic (but did in TFIOS! Shh. . .tell no-one!) almost cried in this one. Yeah, didn’t expect that one either.

I adore Mel’s friends! I haven’t read the first two books in the series because I saw this could be read as a stand-alone, but now I NEED IT! Also, there were hints of the next book, which I am oh-so-very looking forward to. Anyway, Mel’s friends were SO AMAZING! Especially with the whole “I Didn’t Kick The Bucket List.” Love it! Oh, and Shannon did a list for me too! Look at it people!


So, y’all need to get your paws on a copy of this book ASAP! 


So what are some fun-n-flirty chick-lit books that you've read recently? Any worth recommending? 


No comments:

Post a Comment