Sunday, June 14, 2015

5 Things I Tried Not to Love of the Semi-Bookish Variety


First off, let's chat about what 'semi-bookish' means. It mean I am going to talk about music and things and books. Yeah- books, too. 



Song Number One:
Love Bug, Jonas Brothers

Do you remember when it wasn't just Nick signing about how he has the right to be hellish because he is jealous on the radio? (did that convey my feelings for the song?)
I even remember the TV show they all had together. 
Hopeless, head over heels in the moment / I never thought that I'd get hit by this love bug again

Book Number One: 
Twilight, Stephanie Meyer

When I want a really cheesy read where I don't have to think at all, I find myself glancing over to my shelves and searching for my copy of Twilight. Fine. I admit it. I am not in love with it. But for some odd reason it is a very comforting read. 
Must the the sparkly people who watch people sleep.
Or maybe the imprinting on a baby. 
Don't be self-conscious, if I could dream at all, it would be about you. And I'm not ashamed of it. 

Book Number Two:
Tears of Tess, Pepper Winters
I've always had a thing for dark books. I thought this one would be too dark for me. I suppose I haven't found a book too dark for me yet. I didn't try not to love this as much as I didn't expect to love it. Which I suppose it strange. I like fluffly books. I like dark book. I like taboo books. And I like socially acceptable books. Tears of Tess made me not just have a thing for books of the dark and twisted variety.
This book made me obsessed with the genre.
Monsters find each other in the dark. 


Don't you love that grammar? Ooooh. Double negatives. How fancy.
Those that follow are perfect for the summer days ahead. And if you try not to love them, you're gonna fail. Just giving y'all a heads up. So proceed at your own risk.

Thing Number One:
Wattpad: APP / WEBSITE
This consumes all of my time. Its books. A whole bunch of them. And they're all there and free and so very beautiful. Authors like Anna Banks post some of their short stories on there and it's just so fantastic.
Leave it in the comments if you're in need for some Wattpad reccs. I've totally got you.

Thing Number Two:
Cozy Socks
Who doesn't love curling up on the couch with a cup of tea (or coffee or hot chocolate) with a book and a bowl of popcorn? Honestly, I have so many pairs that it may qualify as an addiction.

---

So, what are some of the thing you tried not to love of the semi-bookish variety. Or some of the things you didn't try not to love? That you had to love?

2 comments:

  1. cozy socks are awesome. you haven't seen an addition until you've seen my sock collection, haha.

    Also, we all have our guilty pleasures - I have books that I enjoy even though they contain elements that I would normally rail against, but I simply find them so entertaining.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the things we try not to love are often the things we love best. Thanks for stopping by :D
      Jackie

      Delete