Sunday, August 30, 2015

ARC Review: Turn of the Moon by L. P. Dover

Published August 24, 2015 // L. P. Dover
Amazon // Goodreads 
ARC via author for an honest review

One girl. Two wolves. Promised to one. Destined for the other. 

To escape the cruel, overbearing, Kade, the Yukon Pack alpha she’s been promised to, Bailey Whitehill flees her home in search of a new life, one of freedom where she can make her own choices. However, Kade will stop at nothing to make her his and begins the hunt. 

As Bailey starts her new life, everything she’s known to be true, is not. Time is of the essence and choices have to be made or consequences suffered. Not only does Bailey fear Kade, but another danger lurks deep in the recesses of the forest. Unbeknownst to her, that danger is what she’s been searching for all along. At the turn of the moon, her fate hangs in the balance . . . and it’s up to her to make the right choice.


Want to know a secret? It’s really not that big of a secrets, but come on, who doesn’t love that kind of beginning. Okay. Okay. FINE! I’ll get to it. Ready? I FREAKING LOVE WEREWOLVES. There I said it! Wow. I can’t believe how free I feel now that I got that off my chest. Is this how people feel after they admit to murder? Not that I have anything to admit. . .

Okay! New subject! Wait-no. Back to werewolves.

So I may have an obsession with wolves who can turn into people. I may have a secret board on Pinterest for all things wolfy. And it may be my favorite board. TURN OF THE MOON did nothing to curb this obsession. None what so ever. That cover drew me in, and the writing kept the pages turning. One sitting? Why, yes I did. AND I REGRET NOTHING.

For me, this was actually a little different take on werewolves than I’m used to. Their actually changing was a kind of magic, like you could see it running out, instead of just being. If that makes sense. I liked it. It was different.

About halfway though the book, it felt like it was all coming to an end. But it wasn’t. The story continued and suddenly everything wasn’t all roses and daisies. Thing happened. Things like dead people not being dead and the whole crazy people gifted with magical abilities. Things like sexist pigs *grumbles about equality and grins a little bit a lot* and redemption. Ah, redemption. Such a delightful concept.


Overall, I really enjoyed the book. It was cute with drama (but not a total overdose in a not-so-wonderful way) and a dash of true love. What can I say? I’m a romantic.


No comments:

Post a Comment