Monday, October 5, 2015

Christmas Love with Jessica Lemmon (a guest post)


Hey, y'all!

Sorry I've been less active on the web of late. Who knew homework and studying and writing college essays and applying to colleges and writing essays and looking for a job could take so much out of a person. And time. It takes time too.

Keeping up the blog (and reviewing books, writing original posts) has been a little more difficult. You know what makes that al better though? (besides y'all, obvs). IT'S THE FACT THAT THE HOLIDAYS ARE RAPIDLY APPROACHING.

Here with us today is GCP author, Jessica Lemmon, and her newest book, A Bad Boy for Christmas, and her post about an ideal Christmas morning!

TELL ME: what is your idea of a perfect holiday morning?


JESSICA LEMMON: 

Ahh, the holidays. No Bent Spines asked me here today to talk about my perfect holiday. Now, for me, it’s a little early to be thinking about the world blanketed in fluffy, white snow, but you guys are worth it. And, I’ll let you in on a little secret. *whispers* I actually don’t hate the winter.

I mean, okay, it gets really old in the Midwest say, around February, but that first dusting of snow and waking to find morning sunlight bouncing off its glittering surface? Priceless.

When I started thinking about what my perfect holiday might look like, I have to admit, it looked a lot like Connor’s and Faith’s Christmas morning in A Bad Boy for Christmas. Which, I suppose is no surprise since it came out of my head.

So without giving away spoilers for the book, I’ll describe my ideal day.

The gift exchanges and family hoopla will have been handled on Christmas Eve, leaving me to spend Christmas morning in my jammies. I awaken in a sea of puffy blankets, dog sprawled at my feet and, oh, what’s this? A very attractive man bringing me a steaming cup of perfectly-creamed coffee. It’s Mr. Lemmony, of course, but if pressed, I could also list a Top 5 of who else it could be. (*cough* Henry Cavill *cough*) But for this scenario, we’ll stick with the husband.

Coffee in bed will of course be followed by breakfast in bed. Roasted, seared potatoes (similar to the recipe for Hangover Hash I included in Bringing Home the Bad Boy), dotted with green peppers and onions, melted cheddar cheese on top and a few fried eggs on top of that. Since this is my perfect morning, I’ll also have a stack of warm chocolate chip pancakes and enough real maple syrup to swim in. And peanut butter. Because that’s the only way to do it. I’ll have a side plate of homemade biscuits as well, slathered in butter and topped with fresh strawberry jam. Oh, and more coffee.

Once I wake from my pancake-induced nap, the hubs and I will settle around the Christmas tree to drink mimosas and help the dog unwrap her giant Milkbone. We’ll look over the ornaments and reminisce about when and where we purchased them. I keep a Christmas journal every year, so we’ll go through it and remember friends and family—some who aren’t with us any longer.

No need to get dressed or go out, since a freak storm has snowed us in. (Told you this was similar to A Bad Boy for Christmas!) The only thing left to do is snuggle on the couch with a good book, and then later enjoy a bottle of Layer Cake Primitivo (also in the book) and watch our favorite wintertime movies: Just Friends and Beautiful Girls. Or, I guess we could change out of our pajamas and into our swimsuits and take a dip in the hot tub. And since it’s snowing again, I think that’s the best course of action.

Huh. My perfect holiday closely resembles the things the hubs and I do anyway. Write what you know, right? ;-)

What’s your ideal holiday like?



After four harrowing years in Afghanistan, all Connor McClain wants is a quiet life in the lakeside town of Evergreen Cove. But coming home has land mines of its own—like long-legged bombshell Faith Garrett. Getting her into his arms this holiday is going to require more than mistletoe. With a cheating ex behind her, Faith is hoping for a holiday free from man drama. Even though every moment with Connor is a sweet temptation, Faith is determined not to give in. But soon Faith and Connor are snowbound in a winter wonderland with only the sparks flying between them to keep them warm. As one hot kiss leads to another, they’ll have to decide if they’re ready to give each other the best gift of all—love. 









GUYS GUYS GUYS.
DID YOU ADD IT TO YOUR TBR LIST?
Doesn't it look lovely? It makes me want hot chocolate. With marshmallows. Also a fireplace.


No comments:

Post a Comment