Sunday, April 1, 2018

COACHELLA 2018 || SZA

COACHELLA AESTHETICS



So y’all. Coachella is going to be better than ever before this year. Not only are there more black women performing than any year previously, but some of those women include the likes of Beyoncé and SZA.

Please pardon me while I legit lose all menial control over myself because I can literally not contain my enthusiasm.

Louis Tomlinson may be wondering where the bands are, but, as for myself, I’m debating how doable it could be to sneak myself in. I could make it happen…right?

To celebrate the coming music beauty in April, we’re going to have a three-day event here on the blog. A these are a few of my favorite things of sorts. Each day is a different artist (with some honorable mentions who I simply CANNOT FORGET BECAUSE EXCITEMENT YOU KNOW??) and aesthetics I’ll create inspired by them/their music. It’s a homage…sort of. Ish? Maybe?

Okay. Fiiiine. It’s me doing whatever I so desire. When do I ever do anything different than that?

DAY ONE
SZA

Near the middle of last semester, I went to a True Colors talent show with a couple of my friends after a Student Feminist Organization meeting. This, my dears and my darlings, is where I first heard SZA’s music. One of the performers sang The Weekend. She sounded like freaking fire.

Safe to say that my life was changed forever. There has been many of times since then that my friends have either witnessed my random busting into of song (I mean, that’s not super unusual for me, in all honesty) or received texts with no context containing lyrics from her music.

I AM HYPE JUST THINKING ABOUT HOW MUCH I LOVE HER MUSIC. This is ridiculous. I need a life.

Let’s talk about favorite songs of hers.
20 Something. The Weekend. Drew Barrymore. Doves in the Wind.


My favorite soooooong. 20 Something. Y'ALL. I can't even tell you how many days in 2017 I listened to only this song. *le sigh* In love.


SZA

SZA by nobentspines featuring floral wall decals

When I think SZA and her music I think lush florals and romantic tones, but with a bit tough-as-nails vibe entrenching all of it. Jean skirts, jackets, and a pair of Timberlands (granted, mine are all black) is actually what I wear more often than I'd like to admit. Having a gorgeous pair of earrings and easy-to-carry bag is just a little something extra that makes everyones life a little bit easier. 

Perfect for walking around a music festival...like Coachella, perhaps.

ANYWAYS PERFECTION LIKE OMG.

Did I mention I get to see SZA in May? Y'all, I live such a delightful life.

OKAY. So what do you think? Who are you falling over your feet for on April 13/20 lineup?


No comments:

Post a Comment